The Wildcard certificate fron Thawte allows you to secure all subdomains under one base domain, but allows you to secure usual FQDN domains as well. Thawte Web Server Wildcard certificate saves money on purchase of individual TLS certificates and last but not least, time for their installation and administration.
- Pricefrom $553
- Validity1 year
- Secures domain incl. www
- Compatible w/all major browsers
- Public key algorithm RSA & ECC
- Symmetric encryption256 bit
- Public key length2.048 (3.072/4.096) bits
- Root CADigiCert Global Root
- Money-back guarantee30 days
- Certificate reissuefree and unlimited
- Multi-domain support (SAN)YES
- Warranty (USD)$1.250.000
Recommended certificate use
The Wildcard TLS certificate is suitable for securing multiple subdomains on multiple servers using only one TLS certificate. It's the best solution for services using subdomains, like webhosting or e-shop.
Thawte Web Server Wildcard price list
Thawte Web Server Wildcard secures an unlimited number of subdomains and can be used on an unlimited number of servers. You can add common domains (FQDNs) as a SAN for additional cost.
- CA sells it for: $848
- Huge savings over the CA price
+ 1x domain (FQDN): $70.00
+ 1x Wildcard: $520.00Buy
A multi-year order
Ordering for more years will save you a lot of money! You can order TLS certificates for up to 6 years. You will receive the renewed follow-up certificate every year.
- Save time. One order and payment = less administration.
- The longer the validity of the order, the higher the savings due to the decreasing annual price.
- You will receive the following one-year certificate automatically and on time, you just exchange it on the server.
Prices are without VAT.
The certificate in the browser
All the TLS certificates we offer are 100% trusted and website visitors are not bothered by browser errors.
In a web browser, secure communication is shown in the address bar using the lock icon and the letter "s" next to the http in the URL.
You can check the certificate owner and issuer by clicking on the lock. Learn moe about the TLS certificate in the browser.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
What subdomains can be secured with a Wildcard certificate?
If the Wildcard certificate is issued for a 3L domain *.zoner.com, it also secures the 2L base domain zoner.com. However, this does not apply to asterisks on a lower-level domain (*.something.zoner.com does not secure something.zoner.com).
How to Create a CSR for a Wildcard Certificate
You can create CSRs in the SSLmarket order to save your time and then you are sure that the CSR is correct for the order.